Tuesday, January 17, 2023

My Beautiful...

My beautiful rooster Aslan has not been well lately, he is looking a bit bedraggled and I have had to keep an extra good eye on him. 
Not sure how old he is as I rescued him from a dreadful situation of an overcrowded cage. He is definitely becoming rather frail, his once lustrous tail is missing many feathers and he tends to sleep a lot. 
Each morning I hear his crow is a bonus, I dread the day of a silent dawn.
I love this magnificent boy and can't imagine the garden without him. His two chicks Nova and Bella tend to spend a lot of time with him at the moment. Perhaps sensing that all is not well...




 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

He's a handsome fellow.

William Kendall said...

You've given him a good life. And he knows it.

Gemel said...

He is still handsome Sharon.

I have doted upon him William and I feel he knows this.