Thursday, January 26, 2023

The Flowers Of...

The flowers of gum trees captured my attention while out and about on Wednesday, little did I know though that being drawn to gaze upwards would lead me to discover two owls high up in the branches of one tree.
Owls are not birds often seen, and seeing them in the day is very rare. One was definitely an owlet as it was clearly smaller. Perhaps the little one had taken it's first flight from the safety of the nest and wasn't able to make it back before dawn. 
Whatever the case I was delighted and enthralled. 
Not wishing to draw attention to the pair with other people passing by I was mindful of moving slowly and keeping quiet. The owlet was rather shocked to see the camera lense aimed at it and at one point disappeared higher up the tree.
I often gaze into the canopies when out and about, as I never know what I may see. Following my intuition to duck under a branch the other day to get a clearer photo of a blossom lead to a truly magical experience...






















 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful owls!

Gemel said...

They certainly were.