Friday, January 20, 2023

A Brief Stop...

A brief stop at Zanthorrea nursery on my way home yesterday to see what flowers were in bloom. To my sheer delight a family of red tailed cockatoos were resting in the towering trees lining the property. Needing my camera on full zoom to get a clear photo and the swaying leaves did make capturing these magnificent birds rather a challenge.
In the gardens not much was in flower, those plants that were in flower did add a bit of much needed colour to the dryness of the foliage. 
Bees were enjoying a refreshing drink in the many bee baths that the nursery has placed around. I have noticed that terracotta bowls serve as great bee baths as the bees can keep a good grip in the sides of the bowl as they drink, this lessens the risk of drowning. 
Two pieces of art caught my attention as I was leaving, I don't normally exit the nursery this way and have walked past them so many times. 
It is always interesting what you see if you change direction...


























 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

The cockatoos are a delight.

Gemel said...

They are one of my favourites.