Thursday, January 19, 2023

Art And Nature...

Art and nature two things that go together so well, although I feel that nature is the greatest artist of all. Starting my meander yesterday by viewing some artworks at the beginning of a track in Mundaring that I had decided to take.
Firstly mosaics on the side of a building caught my attention, then a couple of prints on metal were seen, these were placed on the backside of the storyboards explaining the area. 

Once I set off on the track proper I found my focus was drawn to the patterns of spiderwebs and the bark of the trees. It is fascinating how the bushland trees vary, not only when they are alive but also in death they all produce such different hues of deadwood. 
A glistening drop of resin was spotted as I passed one particular tree, its golden colour so rich as it dribbled down the lichen covered trunk. 
Dried out fungi was noticed on a piece of deadwood as well as on a wooden sculpture, their colours faded by the intensity of the sun. 
Flowers are few and far between at this time of the year, but soon many of the plants will begin to bud as autumn draws slowly closer.
My high point was encountering a tiny hoverfly which I managed to capture as it hovered in front of my face, observing me as I was in turn observing it...






















































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Marvelous and eclectic.

Gemel said...

Thank you, there was so much to capture here.