Sunday, January 15, 2023

Taking Time Out...

Taking time out from posting and being on the computer in general has been relaxing, so much so that I am finding that getting back to posting regularly is taking a bit of effort. 
Sometimes we do need to stop and recharge, change things around and have a break from whatever habits we have formed. 
Seeing the world clearer and also seeing new paths opening up as another year begins. It has been a few weeks of decluttering both the mind and my humble little home. I seem to be finding that less is more, material things losing their appeal, not that I have been one to really place too much importance on stuff. 
My connection to nature is deepening and I find that more often than not I just want to be outside watching the days pass. 
Obviously in my garden the watcher always becomes the watched.
Sitting still and gazing eye to eye with a bird really is a special and inspirational experience. 
Sometimes these gazing sessions last for quite a while with neither me or the bird moving. 
As I gaze I am in awe, every detail of the feathered beauty is taken in. 
But as for the bird, what must he be thinking of this human seated before him...

 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I've often wondered the same thing. I too love watching creatures and being watched right back.

William Kendall said...

What a grand sight this one is.

Gemel said...

Me too Sharon.

Certainly a beauty William.