Monday, January 23, 2023

A Family Of Bronzewings...

A family of bronzewings waited patiently in the the trees as I raked the leaves yesterday morning. As fast as I raked the leaves kept falling, this time of the year keeping the dried leaves out of the garden is quite the task. I find it therapeutic though, a kind of moving meditation. 
The grass has died back as I don't water it during the long summer months, it will revive as the weather cools again. Keeping the plants hydrated is my main concern as these long hot summer days continue.
Ending the day watching the chickens enjoying their afternoon lettuce and oats is always relaxing. Bronzewings and ring necked parrots also partake of this afternoon meal. The chickens don't mind sharing and there are seldom any scuffles. There is a harmony between all the species which is always lovely to witness...

























 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Your crew is out and about.

Gemel said...

That they were.