Tuesday, September 21, 2021

With Ostara...

 With Ostara, spring equinox approaching in a couple of days Springs wave of vibrant new life is sprouting up everywhere. 
And how grateful I Am for the fresh start that Spring brings with her as she warms the land once again.

 With the planet in such upheaval and so desperately out of balance, and with people who I knew all going through turmoil and anguish mid february I decided to retreat and focus on what was most important. 

Myself.

I had reached a point where there was just too much "stuff" going on, it was one devastating thing after another. Being an empath I feel so much and the weight of all the chaos, drama and fear was simply too much to cope with. 
So I closed myself off and retreated to the healing embrace of silence and solitude and my sacred healing garden.
Silence and solitude sounds terrifying yet it is so incredibly nourishing.
Following my own inner wisdom of simply knowing that this was exactly what I required I rested and revived.
During these seven months I was reacquainted with a trusty old friend.
My camera.
I hadn't realised that over the past few years I had lost a little of my inner spark. My creativity had waned and I had somehow lost sight of my own heart and soul, in some ways I felt like a shadow. Always doing and seeking and not so much being or becoming. 
 But that all ceased when I began to go out and do what I love the most, being out in nature camera in hand.
During these meanders through nature I was gifted with so many beautiful insights. The  most important one was that of distractions. 

Distractions come in all forms and they keep you away from your own life quest as you get caught up and drawn into situations that take your energy and time away from the self. 
By self I don't mean the ego, rather the soul. 
Our own personal bit of cosmic stardust here experiencing life in this chaotic and challenging realm we reside in.
I believe that we are all here to learn, and by that I don't mean the stuff we are forced to learn in schools. I am talking about soul growth and life lessons the deep stuff that makes our own personal story so unique. I am also talking about the inner knowing and premonitions and ancient ways that speak to me much deeper than any lecture in a school hall ever could. 
 And the miracle of living a human life. 
Yet we are so distracted we don't see anything as miraculous least of all ourselves. 
All life is miraculous.
From a ant to a whale, a strawberry to a towering pine.
Life simply is a gift billions fail to see.
And I too had stopped truly seeing, I was weighed down and tired.
As I regained my connection with my beloved Earth Mother I igited my inner spark and began to feel the hum of life buzzing through my veins. 
And I realised how distracted I had been, how much I spoke and how little I really said. I began to study conscious language and recommit to speaking and hearing with my heart. More energy began to shift and change as I began to speak less and listen more. I also remembered how important the words we use are, how what we think and say really does shape our world. No wonder I had been in a right muddle! 

As the months have gone harmoniously by I have become content with my quiet humble life. I have found that by walking in the bushland I have had some of the most incredible experiences of my life. True heart expanding moments in total communion with The Divine. 
Discovering new places, special moments with a bird or an animal and even seeing a dried riverbed overflowing with water each a miracle. 
I have been blessed and I Am so deeply grateful.
I value this planet I find myself on and the astounding beauty she offers me freely every single day. Even with what is being done to her on a global scale by those so closed off from their hearts she is still ever bountiful. 
I value each life form I encounter and acknowledge the miracle each of them is in their own authentic way. 
How each being on the planet plays a vital role in keeping things in balance. 

It became important to me that I somehow help others see the beauty surrounding them. 
To wake if only just one other soul, so that they may begin to see with their heart once more.
To look for joy and peace, to seek love instead of division.
To stop and smell a flower grateful for the sense of smell.
To admire a view grateful for the gift of sight. 
To listen to the roar of water tumbling over a waterfall, to hear the wind as it dances through the trees, grateful for the sense of hearing
 To feel the warmth of the sun and the chill of a frost. 
How blessed we are.
And to know with all of my heart  that even in the darkest of times where it seems like the struggle and turmoil will never end, the Light is always shining, pulsating it's way through the darkness to bring the wisdom of peace and the Divine presence of love.....



 

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautifully photographed. The camera is my only creative outlet these days.

Gemel said...

Thank You William, it's mine too.

Sharon said...

I can relate to everything you have said. I'm not sure what I'd do without my camera at my side.

Gemel said...

Thank you Sharon. Without a camera life is a little bland.