Wednesday, September 01, 2021

The Blessing Of....

The blessing of grey skies and heavy rain greeted me this morning so off I headed to enjoy this glorious first day of September.  
My destination was once again Noble Falls as the call of flowing water was what I felt drawn to be near. 
The water in the brook was much lower than when I last visited yet the mini rapids still flowed with incredible force. There is something so deeply nurturing about visiting the blackened bushland on a wild wet day. Seeing the abundance of fresh vibrant green flourishing against the wintery grey and the spattering of wildflower colour was just what my soul needed. 
How I have enjoyed the winter this year, so grateful for full dams and rivers, so grateful for the drenching of the land. No birds where seen nor even heard today, the weather keeping them in the trees seeking shelter. 
Days like this are the best for exploring as the rain seems to add to the ambience of the bushland. Twinkling droplets of water decorating the foliage and the rhythmic dripping heard when the showers ceased was calming as I slowly wandered the land. New varieties of wildflowers seen once again, all very tiny and so exquisite.
 Once the sun begins to warm the trees will begin to regenerate more, though most that have survived the savage fire that tore through here already have new growth decorating them. I do marvel at how many have survived the intensity of such a raging heat, in a year or two the bush will have regenerated and apart from the black trunks it will be as it the fire never happened.......











































































 

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

The waterfalls do make an impressive sight.

luksky said...

beautiful

Gemel said...

Thank you Laura.

Gemel said...

I think so too William