Sunday, September 19, 2021

Quiet Time.....

Quiet time in the garden was enjoyed in what seems like a very long time. 
Catching a glimpse of life in my very calming garden and observing the chickens all off in different directions is so therapeutic. Some were staring off into space pondering the comings and goings of the Universe perhaps? Others were engaged in a luxurious dust  bath. 
Plenty of flowers are out in the garden but today I didn't want to focus too much on the flowers with the chickens and visiting birds capturing my attention. There are one or two ring necked parrots that have become rather friendly and don't fly off when I am close to them. Which means better photos. The pink and grey galahs were causing a racket as well as larking about, they are a bit scatty and normally fly off screeching if I get too close.
The mulberry tree is laden with ripening fruit, I am really hoping I get enough for jam making this year, that is if there is any left. Last year I caught a couple of the chickens jumping up to grab fruit straight from the branches as well as many a bird helping themselves. It is a garden for all so I don't really mind the birds enjoying a berry or two.

As it turned out though I had a few star visitors today who all deserve their very own post. 
Today was one of those days where such a lot happened.....






























 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Lots of colourful shots today.

Gemel said...

Thanks William.