Tuesday, September 21, 2021

That Moment....

That moment when you are on the phone and the person attempting to help you starts giggling.
First of course I think did I say something funny?
Finally after regaining her composure she says could you please repeat that as I didn't quite hear you.

Okay, I reply and say exactly what I said the first time.
More laughing.

Outside the kitchen door all of the chickens are creating an absolute racket wanting their morning treats. Crowing and clucking getting louder and louder. This is the obvious cause of her giggling. 

I repeat what I said a second time and now the woman on the phone is laughing hysterically and I find myself saying, I am so sorry but my chickens are a bit annoyed as they want their morning treats.

Well that did it, uncontrollable laughter and a few snorts from the woman on the phone who now can't speak at all.

When she has once again composed herself she says with a smile in her voice, that yes she could hear them and it was really beautiful. 
And thank you also for the happiest phone call I have ever answered at work.....

 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

I can imagine the noise!

Gemel said...

It was a tad full on. :)