Sunday, September 19, 2021

Greeting Me.........

Greeting me for the past few mornings when I open the curtains is this trio of ducks.

A lone female Australian wood duck who had just had a swim in the water bowl. Even when they barely fit I have observed that ducks will attempt to have a paddle. 
The mated pair of Pacific black ducks had been sitting on eggs, the mother frantically flying in to eat and drink twice a day. They never brought their fledglings to the garden so I assume none survived. 
The Pacific black ducks stay in the garden all day and they now waddled along after me with the chickens when they know food is on offer. They only fly off at night to roost in safety otherwise they spend their time sleeping in the back garden and occasionally waddling around to the front garden for a few laps around the ponds.
The young wood duck sometimes appears with a male, yet mostly it is her alone who appears. 
The abundance of my garden is endless and so enriching to my soul......


 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

They know it's a safe place.

Gemel said...

Yes bless them, they do.