Tuesday, September 14, 2021

The Magic Of Spring.....

The magic of Spring could be felt humming in the air as I neared the waters edge at Tomato Lake. 
A strange name for a lake and not a tomato in sight. 
Instead I was greeted by family after family of ducklings, cygnets and the largest congregation of breeding ibis I have ever encountered. I also noted the tiny nest of a willy wagtail on the branch of a distant tree. And a lone swallow stopped to pose for a few photos. There were circles of bubbles on the  surface of the water indicating the presence of the shy turtles lurking beneath.
Gleefully I slowly made my way around the lake enthralled by what I saw before me. 
The atmosphere of the lake was one of joy with so many babies out exploring the lake with their doting parents. Those still sitting on eggs or their tiny chicks could be heard calling to mates to hurry up with the food.
Once again I noticed how many people come out for a walk and simply don't stop to see what surrounds them, instead they pound the pavement earplugs filling their head with unnatural noise as they robotically thunder past this life filled lake.
I stayed for such a long time marvelling at everything I saw.
Missing nothing noticing everything. A few tiny pink orchids stood out as well as yet another wildflower not seen before.
Taking time to acknowledge the beauty of this urban lake and all the creatures living safe and bountiful lives here, trusting this remains so for many years to come....... 




































































































 

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Bird parents are quite watchful.

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful as usual
Deb xxxx

Gemel said...

They really are Wiliam, very doting.

Thank you Deb.