Saturday, September 25, 2021

Spring Has Arrived....

Spring has arrived here downunder, and a real vision of spring is a flowering wisteria. Mine is certainly bringing such beauty to the garden and it's fragrance drifting in the air. 
The front garden has many flowers in full bloom, it also has a new guardian to watch over them.

A birthday gift I received in June had been kept until the spring equinox to be put into place. After much deliberation he was placed on a tree so that he looks out over the front garden and can be clearly seen from inside the cottage.  I am training ivy up the fence and dry wood around him so in time he will peering out from bushy leaves that will encircle him. 
My tomates and capcicums in the raised garden are coming along beautifully. Many flowers on the tomato plants hopefully I will be able to harvest before the parrots eat them. Unfortunately my other raised garden bed where I planted a pollinating mix of flowers has been disturb by the chickens as they have found a way into it despite a small fence I placed around it. I do want to get a some watermelon plants this year as I go through a lot of watermelon in the summer as cooling treats for the chickens.

In the middle of the back garden the first flower is opening on my pink poker grevillea. It looks like a long pink caterpillar at the moment as it is slowly unfolding. Having been in the ground since the beginning of winter it has really taken off and surprisingly flowering within the first few months. I am still waiting for my macadamia tree and silky oak tree both to flower and they have been in the the garden for five years. Maybe this will be the year for them too.
As the days begin to warm many of the plants will begin to grow, some though will wait, keeping their growth spurts until the intense heat of summer once again descends....






















 

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Spring looks good there.

Gemel said...

Thank you William, garden is looking beautiful.

Sharon said...

Wow, there is a lot of gorgeous color going on in your garden right now. And, what a variety of blooms. I love the green man too.

Gemel said...

Thank you Sharon, it really is full of colour at the moment.