Sunday, April 19, 2020

Joondalup Lake....

 Joondalup Lake was a hive of activity with bird life absolutely everywhere I looked yesterday as I enjoyed a leisurely lunch and then a walk part way around the lake.

The last time I visited here a few months ago there was no bird life seen on or around the lake, which left me feeling extremely sad.

Yesterday though it was heaving with bird life from the large group of ducks that surrounded my blanket as I ate, to the lake itself busy with water birds of all sizes out enjoying the warm afternoon, perhaps like me wishing the rain held in the clouds would finally fall.
 Mainly I was so excited to see so many black swans, in all my travels I seldom see many if any black swans anywhere on the rivers and lakes I visit, the most I had seen recently were eight on the Swan river near the city, today though I lost count of how many I could see from the shore to way out in the middle of the lake.
The bush land surrounding the lake was very dry given the very long summer we have endured here, many trees had died and the normally bushy under canopy was very sparse.
Yet as always I found lots that captivated me, and was particularly intrigued by a dead branch I saw that had grown through another tree, trapped there long after the tree it had grown from was long gone and in pieces laying on the ground.
The best blessing of all was the amount of fairy wrens heard singing and zipping through the trees, they are really difficult to photograph as they rarely stay put in one place for too long.
So was happy to get a couple of shots of those.

The eternal miraculous dance of life, ever beautiful, ever inspiring........



























,
m

No comments: