Friday, December 27, 2019

Creatures I Find....

Creatures I find in the laundry sink range in species and size, however this wolf spider was by far the biggest surprise I have encountered for sure.

Not wishing to harm the spider I placed a piece of material over the edge of the sink and left it in peace until it felt safe enough to crawl onto it and I then lifted it to safety.

If I had of picked up the spider it would have filled the palm of my hand which gives you an idea of it's size.
Wolf spiders are not harmful to humans, they are quite good housemates actually as they do not spin webs and live alone moving around to hunt, occasionally I see one sitting in the corner of the ceiling waiting for something tasty to come along, I never move them on if they are in the house as they do keep unwanted insects under control
This one though had disappeared in the few minutes I left it undisturbed, now somewhere outside the house and safe to live another day.....



2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Excellent details on these two shots of it.

Gemel said...

Thanks William.