Friday, December 13, 2019

A Fluffy Baby.....


 A fluffy baby raven waiting for it's parents to return in the branches above the garden.

Such a stunning little guy not much smaller than it's parents, it was  fluffy body feathers that caught my attention and I realised that it was a fledgling.

Having the capacity to observe the raven so intimately in my garden I have seen how clever these birds are, if they are lucky enough to grab an egg before I collect them they will often drop the egg into a bird bath and come back a few hours later to eat.

In this hot weather the eggs cook in the water and they seem to know this, poached eggs for raven's who would have thought it possible......

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite pretty.

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh, that is amazing. They are very clever indeed.

The Padre said...

Beautiful - Excellent Shots There - Thanx For Sharing

Cheers

Gemel said...

Yes they are clever Sharon, to break an egg by dropping it from a height into the birdbath is pretty impressive.

Thank you William and Padre it is a pretty bird.