Saturday, December 14, 2019

Breakfast Time......

 Breakfast time treats for my chicken family yesterday comprised of fresh corn on the cob, a bag of mixed lettuce leaves and some fruit mince pies, well it is the festive season!

Sitting down with a cup of coffee as they enjoyed their tasty treats is something I often do, the bonds Aslan has with his girls is beautiful to watch, he is always the last to eat, he makes sure the girls have enough.

Brulee took her chick off to hunt for bugs instead of joining everyone else and there was a few more birds sitting in the trees or on the washing line waiting for the chickens to have their fill so that they too could enjoy a tasty treat also.

Sitting out watching my chickens is such a relaxing start to the day, I love to listen to their ongoing conversations as eat, Lily in particular has made a few more sounds that I had not heard before from the others, each day I learn more from these gentle little beings and I never tire of observing the secret lives of chickens.....
























1 comment:

William Kendall said...

They're good company.