Sunday, December 29, 2019

Searching Through.....


Searching through old photos from several years ago I found these of Kissing Point Queensland which I had never shared.
The vista across the ocean was breathtaking, the artwork unusual and unique, however my favourite memory of this day was the sighting of a sand goanna, those with me stated that to see a sand goanna this far north was not normal and they were surprised at it being there.

I of course got as close to it as I could despite the warnings to stay away as it could attack, attack it didn't,instead seemed quite happy to pose for a few photos before heading back to the safety of the rocks where it most likely lived.

The other most stunning creature I discovered was a vivid blue insect which I spied on a branch, after a search I discovered it was a cotton harlequin bug, they are a member of the jewel bug family although incredibly tiny this little bug was one of the most beautiful insects I had ever seen........















































2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Lovely views!

Gemel said...

Yes it is a very beautiful place.