Sunday, December 29, 2019

Remembering My Visit........

 Remembering my visit to the Mimosa Track just outside of Brisbane a few years ago, I wasn't blogging much at the time so never shared these photos.

Amongst the most magical moments was the appearance of a water dragon which was sunning itself on a rock, I also saw a brushturkey which was never still enough for a clear photo as it was rushing through the bush really quickly, however I did manage a couple of photos. 
But the one bird that really captured my attention was the currawong, it's haunting call giving an almost otherworldly feeling to my walk through the bush land as it's call echoed through the forest.

The ancient trees and stillness of the forest emanated a peace that I can still recall clearly today.

At one point I wandered off track and went to walk amongst the grass trees, there was an ancient wisdom to this special place and I recall it did reinforce my belief that to commune with The Universe/Gaia/All That Is/ God I require no church, nor any teachings or scriptures.

To commune with the Divine I need only surround myself in the stillness and magnificence of Mother Nature herself..... 























































2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots!

Gemel said...

Thank you William