Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Taking A Moment...

 Taking a moment to realise how much better the back of the house looks now two of the awful cafe blinds have been taken down.

UV damage and the fact that like everything else done to the cottage they were never done right in the first place, so with the high winds and weather over the years the blinds became an eyesore.

Only one remains until I can figure out a way of protecting the laundry area from the rains.

Hearing a family of  Black cockatoos overhead I stopped my musings and instead focused my attention to the flock overhead.

 One landed in the canopy of the tree directly above my head.

We stood and watched each other for what seemed like hours, but was simply minutes, this intimate moment rather amazing.

Gazing into the eyes of this magnificent white-tailed cockatoo was like disappearing into another realm, the connection of the moment was a reminder of how I prefer the company of animals to that of the humans. 

No words are needed in the moment, instead there we were two creatures acknowledging the other and being present in their energy without expectation or demands.

We were just being.
 Some other members of the flock were in a neighbouring conifer happily munching on whatever it was that drew their attention.

As they ate, and pruned the tree they chattered away the entire time.

Such beautiful birds and such a unique moment. 
 Capturing a moment with my camera assists me in remembering how precious this planet is.

Of how each and every creature who shares this world is a treasure.
 Sitting in my ever evolving garden on a quiet afternoon.
Birdsong fills the air.
Sunshine warms my heart.
Flowers fill me with awe.
This garden fills me with love........

No comments: