Thursday, July 09, 2026

Sitting Quietly...

Sitting quietly gazing out my bedroom window leads to moments of reflection.
My front garden is a secluded protected haven where several birds tend to favour spending their days, as well as many of the quendas.
 When I am indoors out of their line of vision it gives me the perfect spot to observe my garden inhabitants. 
This little  laughing dove is still young, not long fledged from the nest. 
Although not a native species, I do love these small gentle birds.
This one seemed somewhat nervous. 
I often think of how terrifying the world must be for birds when their parents leave them to fend for themselves.
These times of stillness are the favourite times of my day. 
Mind clear.
Fully present. 
Grateful.
Watching life in it's purest form...


 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds perfect!

Chatty Crone said...

Such a pretty little thing.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Soothing scene!