Back in May I took a walk around Woodlake in Ellenbrook on an exceedingly warm day. Although signs of autumnal splendor were dotted about, the cool weather was thus far elusive.
An Eurasian coot was busy redecorating her nest in one of the ornamental lakes, whilst pond life was flowing constantly around her.
Gazing upon the scattered golden leaves adorning the ground was a vision of pure loveliness. And one that always satisfies my soul. A reminder also that despite the warmth, gentler temperatures were lingering on the horizon.
Contently I paused to enjoy the sunshine while observing the birds drifting serenely across the water. I do love capturing the moment when one dives beneath the water in search of food, especially when a fluffy bottom is still protruding on the surface.
The black swans once again took me on a chase in search of decent photographs. Every time I changed my position to get closer to them, I discovered that that had moved. Thankfully I have a decent zoom lens for my camera which helps in these situations...
3 comments:
Lots of wildlife to enjoy at this spot. Those leaves make me hopeful for fall here. We just have to get through these next 3 months.
Beautiful.
Beautiful and refreshing scenes!
Post a Comment