At the beginning of June I took a very enjoyable walk in rain around Lake Leschenultia, it was I thought the beginning of long lasting wet weather.
How wrong I was!
Sadly I am still hand watering my garden in July.
To my delight though, this particular day I happened across many different kinds of mushrooms in a variety of colours.
The highlight of the day was stopping to watch a robin bathing in a puddle. I stood by as the rain fell watching this joyful bath time ritual.
It's one of the most fulfilling things, watching birds bathing after a long dusty dry spell.
At one point a grey fantail also frolicked in the puddle.
The grey fantail perched on a branch afterwards which gave me a good photo opportunity.
I ended the meander with a few photos of a magpie family hunting for food on the grass at the picnic area...
3 comments:
Watching the birds bathing in water is a favorite port of mine.
I like the birds too!
Beautiful captures.
Post a Comment