Wednesday, September 13, 2023

My Treasured Art Gallery...

My treasured art gallery is Gaia herself. 
From stunning skyscapes where clouds dance across the heavens, trees silhouetted, to the intriguing beauty of each individual flower I encounter. 
Art in nature is never-ending. 
Awe stops me frequently, as each plant and view take me deeper into my appreciation of our majestic and creative Earth Mother. 
Running clear water holds a power so irresistible for me, perhaps because of the searing heat we endure during summer. Watching the droplets of water leaping into the air as the water cascades over the rocky path it follows is captivating. 
Gazing out over the valley below, noticing how beautiful the landscape looks this time of the year, appreciating the beauty, and the green lushness that winter brings with her. 

Equally I was very grateful for the appearance of a Quenda that was happily going about its business, quite oblivious to my presence. Taking several photos as it scurried about, digging in the earth in search of tender succulent roots. Quendas eat a wide variety of foods, fungi are a favourite, but insects, flowers and fruits are also enjoyed. They prefer to live near waterways as the low shrubbery of the understory provides a safe habitat. 
However, these amazing beings do find their way into many a back garden.

How blessed we are to have such an amazing planet to explore. 
The diversity that I encounter in my days always reinforces my adoration for Gaia. I do not take for granted any vista I view, I appreciate each flower I see as unique, each bird I hear singing saturates my senses with adoration, each creature that crosses my path is cherished.

Mother Nature enlivens me. 
She stimulates my soul and fills my heart with unconditional love as she stills me to treasure each moment, to feel the sun, the rain. 
To breathe in the scents around me, to feel the earth beneath my feet...























































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Rushing waters restore the soul.

Gemel said...

I completely agree with you on that William.