Saturday, September 23, 2023

Back At Lesmurdie Falls...

Back at Lesmurdie Falls, this time exploring tracks not hiked before which took me higher up through the hills. 
Along the way up I noticed the stream was gushing at a fast speed as a few days prior, we had a massive storm. A couple of dogs were enjoying a play in one of the pools, after which they came for over to say hello and have a pat. 
So many flowers were blooming adding a sprinkling of brightness amongst the many hues of green. 
This time of the year is usually a little unpredictable weather wise, and this day the hint of rain lay teasingly in the clouds. A few drops did splatter, yet not enough to dampen me at all. 
From the top of the hill the panorama of the suburbs and city lay shrouded in smog below, winds needed to clear the air. 

Heading back, I admired the granite outcrops I passed and several quenda's scurried across the path, dashing for cover hearing me approach. 
Soon though, it will be other creatures that will be out and about as the weather warms, ones best avoided as well as risks of fires which means my bushland hikes will slow down until next autumn.

I do so savour the gentle cooler months in this land down under, where the terrain comes alive with colour and water refreshes the land after the intensity of summer...







































































































































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Cute pups and beautiful falls.

Gemel said...

They were cute dogs, and the falls are always lovely.