Saturday, September 02, 2023

Discovering A Swamp...

Discovering a swamp with a raised walkway through it made for an unhurried yet stimulating meander. Not having been to this area before I was really struck by how abundant the swampland was. 
So many birds could be seen and heard, busily flitting from one canopy to another, yet none were still enough to photograph, 
The chorus of hundreds of frogs added to ambience, although these were heard, yet none sighted. 
I was interested in the array of flora growing here, obviously being a swamp meant that the plants were suited to the watery ooze they thrived in. 
The understory was thick and lush, with the ferns and rushes creating a stunning view, at times I stopped, closed my eyes and just listened to songs of the swampland folk as the wind caressed me.
Alone in nature is my place of bliss, my temple. 

The trees were equally fascinating, as were the delicate vines that creeped up and cascaded down from above. 
So many once mighty trees had fallen into the boggy earth, roots unearthed, yet from their trunks shot many young saplings. 
The natural circle of life so beautifully balanced...
























































































 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Sounds and looks like a great discovery. I love just listening to nature.

Gemel said...

It really is a beautiful place.

William Kendall said...

A very different terrain.

Gemel said...

Yes, far different to places I normally discover.