Saturday, September 16, 2023

Harvesting and Planting...

Harvesting and planting was on the agenda today, 

A couple of eggs and a bunch of calendulas were gathered. The eggs will be gifted to friends as don't eat them. I simply love chickens as pets. The seed pods and flowers were kept from the bunch of calendulas. The seeds I will disperse around the garden, and also gift some too. The flowers have been placed in the dehydrator for around twelve hours to dry out. I will let them sit a couple of days before placing them in a jar to use in my herbal teas.
 A couple of onions were planted, as well as another potato and the base of a celery stalk that had begun to shoot...



 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

You are going to have a very nice garden this spring and summer.

Gemel said...

Thank you, Sharon, it is very abundant even now as spring begins to slowly appear.

William Kendall said...

Lots of colour.

Gemel said...

I love calendulas for their colour.