Saturday, May 30, 2020

The Family Of Tiny...

 The family of tine yellow rumped thornbills are ever present in the garden, such wee souls who flit about the garden often not flying off until I am within stepping distance of them.
They have gotten so use to my presence in their garden haven that they will fly after me following me around the garden landing in trees as I do my daily walks to see what has changed one day to the next in the garden.
To have the trust of such tiny birds is not something I take for granted, for I know it has taken years to forge a natural bond with all the wildlife that comes to my garden each day.
The cheeky willy wagtail is also one who follows my meanders, chattering as he flies and often landing on a branch as he chirps away perhaps telling me something of great importance.
With the weather changing slowly to that of autumn my silver princess eucalyptus trees is still waiting to bloom, the buds getting more plump each day, I have waited nearly four years for the first flowering and each day I go down to see if any have opened.
Still waiting though, the time is still not quite right.
The jade is flowering as well as my flinders range wattles who are giving a splash of happiness to the garden, their bright fluffy yellow flowers enticing an array of birds into the garden.
The zygocactus is in full bloom too and mysteriously it has changed the hue of the flowers from bright pink to a softer shade of peach.
How utterly amazing is that?
Reflections of the magic of life is everywhere in my tiny private sanctuary, each change however small is noted and seen for the miracle it is.
How blessed am I to have such a life filled space of splendor and have the presence of mind to acknowledge how magnificent nature is.......













No comments: