Monday, January 08, 2024

It is Funny How...

It is funny how certain things can initiate a moment of nostalgia, seeing this vine took me on a wistful journey back to my childhood. It was one of my favourite flowers and I immediately recalled how much time was spent gazing in fascination at the plant, watching the bees. 
Finding myself still captivated by the loveliness of the Mexican coral vine. I did a bit of research on the vine when I got home and discovered this is a medicinal plant from Mexico, although it is cultivated widely across the planet and used in many ways as an herbal medicine and food.
 All parts of the plant can be utilised, so it is not only a stunningly beautiful plant, but also a useful therapeutic plant. 
This is a plant I rarely see now in gardens, when I was a child, this was quite a popular plant, gardening trends have shifted I suppose, but I did wonder if I may have a place for one in my garden should I happen upon one... 







 

No comments: