Tuesday, January 02, 2024

Not Since I Left...

Not since I left the UK have, I found myself in such a fragrant and beautiful garden. 
Visiting a rose nursery, I had recently heard about I was delighted to see that there was a stunning small garden to leisurely wander around.
The heady scent of the roses was intoxicating, it swaddled me as I took in each flower I passed. The heat of the day albeit faded away as I relished the experience. As well as roses for sale in another part of the nursery, they also had a lot of companion plants which they have used to create this blooming wonderland. 
Bees and butterflies were blissfully flitting amongst the plants, I managed a few photos of the bees, the butterflies though I enjoyed watching as they danced delicately in the air. It truly was an extraordinary experience. I found myself completely lost in the moment, simply enjoying this visual and sensual stunning garden. 
Having had a desire to have a few more roses in my own garden I purchased three highly scented varieties, two standard and a smaller climbing rose. They will join the one rose that I already have nestled in amongst the native plants I am inclined to favour. 
Roses do tend to thrive in the harsh Western Australian summers, they will also add a touch of elegance and fragrance to my own little garden of Eden in the long dry hot summer months... 



























































 

No comments: