Saturday, January 27, 2024

The Presence...

The presence of red-tail black cockatoos in my garden always induces gratitude. These birds are incredibly special to me, which is why I have purpose planted trees that they will come to feed from. The larger grevilleas and hakeas as well as my cape lilac tree bring these beauties in. The hakea and grevilleas have large nut like seeds which they love, the cape lilacs fruit also is something they are partial to. I am wondering if they would also partake of the ripening macadamia nuts. 
Apart from being strikingly beautifully birds, they are a critically endangered species. Habitat loss is the main reason for their declining numbers, this family was only small, it has been quite some time since I have seen a large flock, and this is concerning. 
Stopping to take a few photos and then pausing awhile to enjoy the magical aura they bring with them. The sunshine reflecting on the leaves gave the eucalyptus tree a shimmery appearance, deepening the richness of the encounter... 












 

No comments: