Monday, January 29, 2024

Hearing About...

Hearing about a nursery which by all accounts is the oldest and best in Perth, I set off over the weekend to have a look. Located an hour's drive away it would not be somewhere I would visit frequently. They did not carry a lot of natives nor herbs and vegetables, which was slightly disappointing. 
The gardens of the nursery are very established and did prompt a lot of inspiration, they favour more exotic plants and one in particular caught my eye. The stunning pink cascading flowers on a mature garlic vine was quite spectacular. I don't know how swiftly they grow; I will find out though as I took one home with me. 
The small, secluded nooks throughout the garden offered shady places to rest and enjoy the ambience. There was a lot of small birds flitting about, I also spotted a quenda rustling in amongst the foliage, I was delighted to have seen a tiny green grasshopper which seemed happy to pose for a photo.
It was a relaxing way to spend a sultry summers morning, there was also a lot of garden ornaments and water fountains on display, the placement of many of the statues in the garden did seem perfect as they melded into their surroundings perfectly. 
Definitely a place that would inspire those starting a garden from scratch... 
























































































































 

No comments: