Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Heading Out To Explore...

Heading out to explore The Superblock in Glen Forest on Monday looking for the valley of the kingia's. Kingia australis is a variety of balga tree/grass tree. I didn't have enough time to search extensively for a way to the valley, however I did enjoy what I found. So many grass trees were growing here, and apparently in the valley there are even more. Next time I shall go a different way. 

It was here that I discovered the earth ball, I also heard a new bird call, and try as I might I didn't locate the bird offering its song. Camouflage is a must here in the bush, and this bird was a master at it!

I came across a wreck of a car, not sure how long it had been laying here surrounded by trees, judging by the plant life surrounding it I would think it has been some time... 


















































 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots.

Gemel said...

Thank you.