Friday, June 23, 2023

Taking Advantage...

 

Taking advantage of the chilly clear day I headed off to Tomato Lake for a meander. I did noticed that there were a lot more birds present than in the past few previous visits. 
I also noticed a few cocoons that had been vacated recently, the survival of the pupal in the wild is quite the achievement, with so many predators to contend with and no way of defending themselves. 
Lots of fungi and many wonderous patterns in the bark of many a tree kept me intrigued as I ambled along. No matter how often I visit the lake there is always something new to discover.
The ibis have returned to the lake for their breeding season, and some are already beginning to nest. I have a fondness of the white ibis; I find them interesting birds to observe...








































































































2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!

Gemel said...

Thank you.