Sunday, March 13, 2022

The Last Two.......

The last two weekends I have spent out in the garden, tidying up after the seemingly endless summer. The front garden was a breeze compared to the work needed out the back. It always amazes me how some plants thrive in day after day of 40 degree heat. Yet flourish they do. Cutting back the black coral pea vine that had encroached onto the patio roof was a mission. This took me three hours to get down but very worth it. 
The cat enclosure moved under cover ready for the cooler weather and hopefully rain. I also took down a few saplings from the towering ghost gums next door, these trees will grow much to large for my garden. I had tried to keep them in check taking the tops off, yet their trunks were getting far too wide. I am always sad when such actions need to be taken in the garden, life is life after all. 
Mindfully they have been taken down and I was surprised at how open the space looks without them.
 Hopefully the grass will begin to sprout soon after the dry and terribly hot summer and once again flowers will bloom and birds will sing as the gentler seasons return......












 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

You look ready for cooler weather.

Gemel said...

Hopefully it is not far away.