Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Greeting Me......

Greeting me as I set on a walk today was a rose-breasted cockatoo screeching to make sure I didn't come too close to it's nest and chicks.  Given that I would have needed a ladder to reach the nest the family was pretty safe.

Moving on I encountered many interesting things as usual. A massive nest perched high on top of dead tree did seem like a pretty barren place for a nest, no shelter from the weather. Being a apex predator I guess being exposed like this isn't an issue. 

The highlight of the day was encountering a tiny peacock spider. I am assuming a female due to the drab colours. I have never seen one before so was thrilled to see it on the railing. It did tend to hop about robotically so it was difficult to capture a clear image.

Other fascinating finds was what looked like a fairy door at the bottom of a tree, with my imagination I tend to see all sorts of faces in the trees and foliage. Also a small  fairy ring of mushrooms, depending on what myth or folklore one has been told a fairy rings can be a blessing, not a curse. 

I had not walked this path before and was fascinated with a few of the trees, varied barks and strange postures, one of the most impressive was a tree growing out of another burnt stump.  I noted a native bee hive high up in a tree as I neared the end of my walk and managed a few shots of the bees buzzing in and out. 
I left feeling light and invigorated at the same time, the power of my beloved Nature Mother having worked her healing magic as I lost myself as I walked in her beauty.....

























































 

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

That spider is fascinating.

Gemel said...

I was thrilled to see such a tiny spider.

Sharon said...

There are so many interesting things to see when you are surrounded by nature.

Gemel said...

So true Sharon.