Saturday, March 26, 2022

Dark Clouds and Raindrops........

Dark clouds and raindrops greeted me this morning, in fact during the night I woke several times to hear the glorious sound of rain on the roof. 

The morning cool, the earth damp. Birds joyously flying about through a flurry of insects which have taken flight with the showers. The earth has been parched for so many months, my garden has fared better than most as I hand water all summer.  
I noticed that the mustard seeds I planted have began to sprout. The peas are also growing well. I have a couple more bales of pea straw to put on the garden later and I hope that more peas sprout around the garden. Two of my jasmines are flowering, the orange jasmine has taken on a healthier appearance since the pea straw was placed around her. Also one of my flinders range wattle trees has her first flowers. She is only a young tree and has thus far never flowered so I was as always excited to see first ever flowers. 
Aslan was enjoying a jog after his girls after I let him out, he stayed in bed after the girls got up. Bless his heart he seems to need a bit of help getting up at the moment, not sure if he has a bit of dementia beginning. I don't really know how old he is as he was a rescue rooster. He is such a regal and gentle boy who I will continue to love and nurture into his older years.....



















 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Some moody skies. We appear to be getting snow tonight.

Gemel said...

Snow, how lucky you are. Been a long while since I have been in the snow.