Tuesday, December 21, 2021

The Kaanya Tree.....

The kaanya tree is also referred to as the christmas tree of western australia given it flowers during the christmas season. 

To the local aboriginal people this is a very spiritual tree, the tree of souls. 
One that should be honoured and left to be.

It is not often that I can get close to one of these trees as there are practically none left where the land has been destroyed for the city and suburbs. Normally I see them off in the distance when driving, so seeing this one I was overjoyed to have to opportunity to be in the presence of this sacred tree. 

The flowers are stunning and the bees were in a feeding frenzy as if intoxicated from the nectar. Happy buzzing filled my ears as I stood in admiration.  Spending the longest time gazing at this beauty being grateful that I take time for mindful moments to connect in with the presence of other sentient lifeforms.

Still time brings such a depth of joy and healing to my soul. 

Walking around the remainder of this garden I noticed a few other native seasonal flowers in bloom as well as some pretty happy fish.....





























 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

The tree is new to me. Quite colourful.

Gemel said...

It is a colourful beauty.