Wednesday, December 29, 2021

A Bushfire Alert........

A bushfire alert greeted me Sunday morning. 
The telltale signs of a fire nearby clearly seen as the smoke lingered in the air. Almost too quickly it went from an act and watch to a leave for your own safety, followed by a phone call from a firefighter friend to tell me to leave, now.

I can't really explain the emotions that rush through you when you know that there is a fierce fire looming, of having to select what it is you want to take with you, of that moment when you make that decision to drive away from your home not knowing if it will be there when you return.

I found that this time less was collected and placed into my car in preparation to flee. It is strange, but when it comes down to it. Things really are just that, things. 
This time I even packed less of my clothes and other items that I had thought so important last time I needed to do this.
I realised as as I was preparing to leave I actually really needed nothing, other than knowing that my cats and chickens along with myself survive, and the distress of thinking of what would happen to my sacred little garden should the bushfire reach it this far.

Thankfully by Monday evening the fire was contained the all clear issued and all is as it should be here at my happy little cottage.......





 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Good that it was brought under control.

Gemel said...

It really was William.