Tuesday, December 14, 2021

The Exotic.....

The exotic flowers of my giant bird of paradise are simply stunning this year as unlike previous years there is a group of flowers instead of just one lone bloom.

The flowers are oozing nectar which is dripping onto the leaves below leaving a tasty trail for the ants.  The blooms are very birdlike in appearance and utterly spectacular. 
These plants have always bloomed very high up so am not certain if they have a scent, from beneath I could not make out a perfume wafting in the air. 
I am yet to see any birds feeding on the flowers, but the bees and ants were certainly busy feeding on the abundance of nectar on offer.....














 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

wow, beautiful flowers. They are such exotic plants. I bet I took 20 photos of them when I was in California.

Gemel said...

They are striking Sharon.

William Kendall said...

Your plants are so different from what I'm used to.

Gemel said...

Vastly different from Canada I have to agree William.