Sunday, March 29, 2020

Each Day......


Each day is a moment closer to one of my silver princess eucalyptus trees flowering for the very first time.
In the four years since the two trees have been in the ground neither has bloomed thus far.
The silver princess is a striking beauty growing in a graceful weeping way, her flowers amazingly attractive and I am certain that birds and insects will flock to her once the flowers open, perhaps even a few new varieties of birds and insects will come to the garden once her perfume fills the air.
I have been watching her with a close eye, each day the flowers are closer to opening and I am really excited to see these flowers unfold, but unfortunately the pink and grey galahs like to play in this tree and already two of the buds have been knocked off as they goof around so I am having to shoo them off so they don't break off the remaining buds.
Hopefully in the next week or two the flowers will be fully open and add another aspect of beauty to my little garden of natural wonders.......

No comments: