Sunday, March 29, 2020

Raindrops....

 Raindrops clinging the leaves as the morning greeted me yesterday was a glorious sight indeed.
The subtle scent of the yucca flowers drifting in the breeze.
In the six years of being here at the cottage this is the very first time so many flowers have appeared on the yucca's at one time, so high up that I had to stand on a chair to try to capture close up shots of these tulip like flowers in the dim morning light.
Doing a bit of research I have discovered that most of the yucca plant is edible, and have found a recipe for fried yucca flowers, which is made with a tempura type batter.
Seeing I have loads to choose from I am going to try this recipe.
Collecting the flowers I will have to be mindful of ants and insects that just love the sweet nectar.

This summer has seen the garden have a growth spurt with everything thriving, a couple of casualties with the acacia trees, but the acacia salinga unfortunately doesn't have a long life span so I was expecting these to self germinate before the mother trees began to die off as yet though no saplings have appeared as yet......






No comments: