Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Sitting Under......

Sitting under the canopy of a large beautiful tree I had the feeling that I was being observed.
Gazing upward to find many faces peering down, a family of corellas looking back down at me.
It was time for nap high in the safety of the branches, and as most of the birds were soundly asleep there were a few who were still intrigued to watch the human captivated by their gentle presence.
These birds although delightfully happy and inquisitive, when they visit my garden they are a tad destructive as well, often breaking branches as they play, causing a degree of mayhem with their antics.
Each if you look close enough is easy to recognise as like us they all have a different face and personality.
It always saddens me to see these birds captive in a cage, to have wings and be unable to fly must be the worst kind of imprisonment of all.
This family though are free and thriving and the sight of them warmed my heart as I sat and watched them grooming each other or simply sleeping as the heat of the day began to induce a sleepy state.
Some people passing seemed amused by my fascination and one passing human stated oh they are just birds she is watching. Hardly a point of beauty for them as they power walked past.
Nature is my temple, she is who gives me strength and a sense of continuous wonder as I walk the days of my life here on my Earth Mother, and moments like these are irreplaceable, for here sitting in the presence of our blessed Mother I find myself at peace and in awe of her astounding love and deeply serene presence....... 


























No comments: