Sunday, September 27, 2026

From One Natural...

From one natural oasis to another, switching the wild rugged bushland to my own garden after my hike.

In August my garden was definitely filling with colour, and I stopped to watch a couple of bees as I sipped coffee after my adventure. 

There are always rose chested cockatoos in the garden, I feel these are scouts sent to keep an eye on me should the chickens be getting any treats. Being free-range my chickens get fed in different places to dissuade and confuse the native birds from invading their seed.

Now that theres a solid understory around the whole garden has seen my quenda colony increase. I can tell a couple of them apart by discoloured fur and one has a stumpy tail. 
There's a constant stream of joeys appearing, so I have succeeded in what I set out to do.

Create a safe place for wildlife.

When I first moved in and began the planting process, people I knew at the time were trying to get me to plant a food forest.
Well I did.
Just not for me.
My garden was for the wildlife.

I feel this is my greatest achievement in life.
Taking a barron sandy piece of land and turning into a haven for native wildlife. 

When I first arrived there was hardly any shade, and very little plant life. 
Now it's just how I imagined it to be.

A small untamed natural nook a constant source of wonderment and beauty.

A place that's become home to many birds who nest in the foliage and bathe in the many water bowls and birdbaths dotted about.
Where bobtail goannas also dwell.

And most especially where tiny marsupials have set up dens also in various parts of the garden. Their happy zoomies always making me laugh as they hop about in what seems to be endless contentment.

How blessed am I to have my very own quendas living alongside me...








 

































No comments: