Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Stumbling Across...

Stumbling across a pincushion hakea on my travels was a delight to see, even though the unseasonal heat has dried the flowers out all too quickly.
 A bit of colour capturing my attention was a blessing to my eyes.
 Even though the blooms lacked their normal vibrancy, it was better than seeing no flowers at all. 
Normally the flowers go through slow stages of blooming, I watch the one in my own garden feeding birds and insects for weeks upon weeks with their flowers. 
With the days being too warm the flowers become frizzled in next to no time. 
At least the bees were given some nectar to harvest, I've yet to sight any flowers in the bushland I pass on my daily drives down to the suburbs, this is a worrying sign.
For some the thought of endless days of summer weather sounds like bliss, the harsh reality of the impact of a long hot dry spell though wreaks death for many across the dusty thirsty land...










 

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Those are amazing blooms.