Sunday, April 21, 2024

Slowly The Blooms...

Slowly the blooms are opening in the garden, it is not the normal flurry of colour as in previous years yet still I am uplifted that autumns invisible embrace has finally arrived in my garden. 
Although there are not as many flowers as in a normal autumn, a few blooms are better than none. 
The flowers are drying out fairly swiftly due to the temperature still being too high for this time of the year, this is rather sad to witness, as normally the autumnal wave of flowers lasts a long time, spreading colour for me to enjoy and nourishment for the insects, birds and possums. 
I have potatoes sprouting, yet the dedicate green shoots are swiftly nibbled up by either a possum or quenda. 
With the this unseasonably hot weather I have seen an increase of bird visitors to my garden. 
With plenty of fresh water available each day the birds are coming to quench their thirst. 
 The nectar of the flowers is wafting out calling in the small nectar eating birds, and it is thrilling to see a more diverse range of small honeyeaters arriving to the garden. 
I was lucky to get a photo of a grey fantail who was following me around. As I wandered, I was stirring up the insects he was enjoying a few snacks as he followed me around. 
This little one comes all the time so wasn't as shy as some of the new birds who kept their distance. 
Next week the temperature is expected to drop to the low twenties, hopefully endless showers of rain won't be far behind...




























 

No comments: