Saturday, April 06, 2024

The Sight Of Flowers...

The sight of flowers blooming gave my heart a skip of joy, although on closer inspection their lack of visiting insects and bees did give my heart a heaviness. With the drought the plants have not been receiving enough nourishment, although some are blooming, they are still clearly in stress. The normally fluffy juicy flowers of the banksias where dry and rather lacking in lustre. The bushland is normally so vibrant at this time of year, it was with a heavy heart that I continued my stroll.
Around the lake I noticed how far the water had retreated as the heat evaporates moisture each day, with the dry weather continuing and no hint of rain on the radar I do worry about the impact on the land and her many bushland creatures. 
On the water though it was rather busy, it is normally this time in the year that courtships are beginning, most of the birds were either resting of lazily swimming around. The centre of the lake had small islands visible another worrying sign that rain is desperately overdue...




























































































 

No comments: