Sunday, February 13, 2022

Taking My Camera..........

Taking my camera with me as I watered the garden this morning as more often than not I discover something interesting or see something inspiring mid watering.  
The gum tree mid way down the garden is a favourite resting spot for many a bird. This morning three ring-necked parrots and a wattlebird took time to pause a moment here.
I also discovered a crusader beetle as I watered one plant. I see these beetles quite often in the garden and as with all creatures I allow them to be. 

Moving one of the many water bowls in the garden I discovered two lawn beetles, again they were not harmed and their protective water bowl placed back over them once it was cleaned out. My philosophy is that all beings have a purpose to serve in balancing nature, therefore I kill nothing. 

Many flowers are beginning to bloom adding much needed colour to the garden. I have missed the flowers over these past three extremely hot months. Sadly a couple of my plants have died not coping with the intense heat of summer. 

A bronzewing walking along in front of me stopped and turned for a quick photo. And above me a baby red-tail cockatoo had landed and was frantically calling to it's parents. Taking off its red tail feathers displayed wonderfully for me. 
These birds have been on the endangered list due to the human impact of the bushlands. 
However the last year or so the numbers in the family groups I see are increasing which is a very positive sign that the species may survive. I constantly pray that the humans in charge wake up and stop destroying the environment.......
































 

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Nature's bounty is alive and well in your garden. Beautiful.

William Kendall said...

Wonderfully taken.

Gemel said...

Thank you Sharon, yes it is very bountiful.

Thank you very much William.