Saturday, February 26, 2022

Trying To Get A Clear.......

Trying to get a clear photo through a steel mesh door is no easy feat as I discovered yesterday. 
I had noticed the cats all very interested watching something in the front garden so went to see what was so intriguing.
 A little bird was enjoying a moment several feet from the front door. I had noticed a new birdcall recently in the front garden and wondered what new feathered beauty was enjoying the garden. I am always pleased to see new birds in my mini forest garden, a purpose planted habitat to attract birds and marsupials. 
In the nearly eight years that I have been here the garden has gone from a neglected lifeless sandpit to a flourishing woodland oasis. 
As the garden grows it attracts more birds. 
In the past two years I have had many birds nesting in the garden as the plants bush out. Seeing another visitor to the garden is always inspiring as it shows that my approach to gardening is working. My aim was to to create a sanctuary for the wildlife and to leave the garden as natural as possible with limited pruning and of course no use of any chemicals. All insects are left to be as they provided food for the birds. I even keep weeding to a minimum as the birds as well as the chickens like to forage in a tangle of weeds. 

I will have to do some research to find out what kind of bird it is as I haven't seen any like this before. I didn't want to go out to get closer in case it flew away so I stayed by the front door getting some fuzzy photos through the mesh screen door....... 







 

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

A pretty visitor!

Gemel said...

It is a beauty.