Saturday, July 06, 2024

With Smoke...

With smoke rising from the trees, it made me wonder if I would be able to walk the circuit around the lake.  Just about making to the end of the trail I had to double back which meant that my walk was extra-long. I assumed I must have needed the extra time enjoying the relaxing atmosphere being out in nature bestows upon me. 
It is interesting that as frequently as I meander the different trails at the lake, I still find things that I had not seen before. Like the tree stump that looks like a rooster. I have passed it many times before, yet this day it really stood out. 
Drawings in the sand and a wonderful sandcastle as well as fungi all made the walk pleasant. The shift in the weather offered the promise of rain, which did fall and quench the plants after the fire...
















































 

No comments: